Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh...My...SUGAR!!

Everyone knows soda isn't great for you.  We try to limit how much our kids get.  My husband and I used to drink it, but could count on one hand the times we have had it in the past 3 years.  It is typically reserved for a special treat if the kids ask for it.  And even then, I try to go with root beer or something that I view as not quite so bad (I don't know why, I'm sure it has just as much sugar as others)  About a week ago, my son had a party at school and chose Mt. Dew to bring with.  No, it was not my proudest parenting moment.  I had just read an article about how many tsps were in a gram of sugar the day before.  It works out to 4g = 1 tsp sugar.  So doing the calculations, here is how much sugar is in a 16 oz bottle of Mt. Dew (which is technically 2.5 servings, but who measures that out, so I'm going on the assumption that this is what one person drinks.




Almost 1/2 CUP!!!!  I think I will be limiting even more-YUCK!
Let's hear it for water :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment